Agriculture is a significant contributor to the state-wide economy, grossing some $12 billion annually, with tens of thousands of jobs and farm incomes at risk from changes to our climate.
Agriculture and associated businesses make a the significant contribution to the local economy and local employment.
This conference brings together agricultural business, farmers, international experts and agriculture leaders to share what they are doing to adapt farming systems and strategies to stay profitable, reduce risk, and feed a hungry nation in a changing climate.
The conference explores practical approaches to the impacts and opportunities in a changing climate, and themes include:
- Insurance and finance approaches to diversify income and reduce business risk
- Farmer health and community wellbeing
- Managing carbon in the landscape
- Transition your farm business in a low carbon world
- Climate smart agriculture - planning and thinking
- Latest climate information and how to use it – from the Bureau of Meteorology and Agriculture Victoria
- Trends in global food security and carbon management
Bookings essential, spaces limited!
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:
Goulburn Broken Greenhouse Alliance
0411 544 858