The North East Catchment Management Authority has an updated Willow Management Policy as of 2022.
Our goal for willow management in the North East catchment is:
To work with the community to practically and sustainably protect the health of waterways by reducing the spread and adverse impacts of willows.
The aim of this Policy is to:
- reduce the spread of seeding willows
- achieve holistic waterway restoration outcomes in priority waterway reaches
- increase community engagement and understanding of the impacts associated with willows
- achieve tangible environmental and social benefits
- improve community access to and the amenity of waterways
Contact the CMA for further information on our willow management policy: 1300 216 513