Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic)
Victoria’s Freedom of Information Act 1982 gives the public a right to apply for access to documents in North East CMA's possession unless exempt. Find out more about our application process and payment required.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you may want to:
- request access to documents of a non-personal nature about work the North East Catchment Management Authority has done, is doing or plans to do, and our policies, decisions and actions
- request access to documents about your personal affairs and if necessary have them amended.
Some documents are exempt from release, for example if they:
- contain trade secrets
- may affect legal proceedings
- affect personal privacy.
How long will your request take
We must make and communicate to you a decision on your request within 30 days unless extended in accordance with the Act.
The period starts when
- your request is viewed as sufficiently clear for us to process
- your application fee has been paid or evidence has been provided to waive the fee
and where relevant
- we receive your deposit payment.
Fees and charges
When you apply you must pay the $30.80 application fee (fee is fixed for 1 July 2023 to 30 June 2024). Our application form shows the payment methods we accept.
Access charges (for searching, making copies of and preparing documents) may apply to your request. We apply these charges in accordance with the Freedom of Information (Access Charges) Regulations 2014.
If we estimate charges will be more than $50.00, we will advise you of our estimated charges and request a deposit before we process the request.
If the charges are less than $50.00, we will let you know the payable charges when we send you our decision.
Ready to apply?
North East CMA encourages anyone applying for documents under the Freedom of Information Act to use the application form. The form includes information about how to ensure your request is valid.
Requests for access to documents under s 17 of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic) are subject to an application fee. Applicants are welcome to seek the fee be waived or reduced based on the grounds of hardship. The application fee for these requests is:
FOI requests to North East CMA can be made in writing by:
North East CMA
PO Box 616
Wodonga Vic 3689
Please mark this: Attention FoI
104 Hovell Street
Wodonga Vic 3690
Please check our website for opening hours