A field day at Mudgegonga on Wednesday, 7 June explored the options for reducing farm emissions and accessing supply chains looking for low-emissions intensity produce. Speakers also covered genomics, plant breeding, pasture species suitable for high rainfall areas, and improving soil health to capture productivity gains.
This event was supported by the North East CMA and Agriculture Victoria, with funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.
- Understanding what a carbon footprint looks like - Julian Carroll, Stellar Livestock
- Carbon Neutral supply chains and being involved - Mark Ritchie, Delatite Station
- Genetics and opportunities to reduce emissions - Christian Duff, Angus Australia General Manager of Genetic Improvement
- Resource Management Farm Water - Greg Bekker, DEECA (Agriculture Victoria)
- Feed base pasture - Allen Newman, Barenbrug Seeds
- Soil health and nutrition - Sue Briggs, CSBP Labs
- Agriculture Victoria's On-Farm Emissions Action Plan Pilot - Brad Costin, DEECA (Agriculture Victoria)
VIDEO - JUNE 2023 - Mudgegonga emissions field day video
Thanks to our partners at Agriculture Victoria for their video from the emissions on-farm field day.
REVIEW THE PRESENTATIONS (PDF FILES)