• Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Login

Floodplains & Waterways


Waterway management

Catchment Management Authorities have specific responsibilities for waterway management under the Water Act 1989.

Read More
/imager.ashx?path=/Portals/0/Images/Works on Waterways image.JPG

Works on waterways

Works and activities in, under, on or over the bed and banks of designated waterways in Victoria require a permit from the relevant Catchment Management Authority.

Read More
/imager.ashx?path=/Portals/0/Images/Pages/Myrtleford Maude Street in Flood2.jpg

Floodplain management

The North East CMA plays an important role in the development of flood studies and floodplain management plans.

Read More

Flood emergencies

The Victoria State Emergency Service is the control agency for flooding in Victoria.

Read More
Crown land water frontage

Crown land water frontage

Twenty percent of Victoria’s 128,000 kilometres of water frontage is Crown land. A riparian management licence for a Crown water frontage recognises that all or part of the frontage is being managed by licensees to protect and improve the riparian environment

Read More
/imager.ashx?path=/Portals/0/files/Pdf/Floodplains and Waterways/EWR/P1140930x750.jpg

Environmental Water Resources

The Environmental Water Resources Program funds an Environmental Water Resource Officer to undertake the Environmental Water Reserve (EWR) responsibilities outlined in the CMAs Statement of Obligations.

Read More

Levees on Crown Land

In the North East region, landholders can now apply to North East CMA for a permit to access and maintain existing levees on Crown Land in order to actively reduce the flood risk to their property by undertaking levee maintenance years before a flood occurs. Previously, landholders needed to seek approval under several different land acts.

Read More

News & Events For Floodplains & Waterways

No news or events for Floodplains & Waterways