• Home
  • Contact Us
  • Login

Report waterway issues on Snap Send Solve


You can now report waterway issues to the North East CMA via the Snap Send Solve app.

This app allows you to take a photo of the issue which is georeferenced and sent to the North East CMA as well as your description of the issue. This allows CMA staff to get an accurate location and understanding of your issue.

Upon receipt of the report, it is reviewed to see if the issue best fits with another agency or is a CMA issue.

What is Snap Send Solve?

Snap Send Solve is the free app that simplies the reporting of community issues.

When you download the Snap Send Solve app, reporting is quick and easy if you see an issue while you are out and about. You can let the responsible authority know with only a few taps.

How do I get Snap Send Solve?

1. Click on SnapSendSolve or download the app to your phone or mobile device via Apple App Store or Google Play 

2. Snap Send Solve answers a series of Frequently Asked Questions including how the app works, what problems can be reported and how to provide feedback to an authority including the North East CMA.

How do I report a CMA issue?

Once in Snap Send Solve, select "Creeks and Rivers" as your incident type, then select from the following:

  • Erosion of waterway
  • Trees blocking waterway/s
  • Waterway health

Examples of CMA issues:

  • A site of prior CMA investment is damaged or under threat (eg. pile fields, rock beaching)
  • Debris in the waterway impacting of waterway health (eg. tree blocking river)
  • New or emerging weeds in waterways
  • General river health issues

Examples of non-CMA issues:

  • Riverbank erosion impacting on private infrastructure (ie. Private pump site). This is the responsibility of the asset owner to protect and any works will require a Works on Waterway Permit.
  • Riverbank erosion impacting on public infrastructure (roads/bridges/boat ramps etc). This is the responsibility of the asset owner (eg. local council or Regional Roads Victoria).
  • Stock and domestic water licencing (including dam) enquiries / issues (refer to Goulburn Murray Water).
  • Potable water issues (North East Water).
  • Rubbish in waterways – local council or EPA for pollution events
  • Fish Deaths - EPA

To report a waterway issue in the catchment or for waterway and floodplain advice - General Enquiries 1300 216 513

More information on waterways reporting

Are you wanting to undertake works on a waterway? Click here for more information on how to obtain a Works on Waterway permit.

Click here for more information on the Role of the North East CMA.


  • EPA Pollution Hotline (including fish deaths) 1300 372 842
  • North East Water: 1300 361 622
  • Goulburn Murray Water: 1800 103 357
  • Regional Roads Victoria: 133 778
  • Victoria State Emergency Service (Emergency Calls): 132 500  
  • VicRoads - Traffic Hazard Reporting and Advisory Service: 131 170